Jamestown Public Schools recently unveiled its new alumni website, which can be accessed at jamestownalumni.org.
“The new website was created in order for Jamestown Schools to better communicate directly with our valued alumni. Our prior alumni website did not allow us to communicate with our alumni on district happenings and allow alumni to showcase events like class reunions,” said JPS Superintendent, Tim O. Mains. “The new website will offer all of these options while also offering a place where alumni, and individual Jamestown High School classes, can communicate with each other. An important part of our five-year Strategic Plan was to create on-line home for our alumni and the new website meets that goal. We encourage all JHS alumni to register at our new site.”
The new website is through AlumniChannel.com who has provided alumni websites for many public and private schools, universities and colleges across the country. The website will allow alumni to:
- Create a profile – Through the directory, alumni can catch up with one another, contact other members, and view the last time a member updated his/her profile. Alumni can also embed their social networking sites right into their profile. Search for other alumni – Search feature to find others by first name, last name, location, zip code, occupation and more.
- Visit Class pages – View news information, a list of class members and ways to communicate with fellow classmates.
- Lost/Missing Alumni & In Memoriam Listing – Our Lost/Missing Directory lists name of those people not yet active on the community, while the In Memoriam listing gives alumni a place to remember those that have passed on.
- Upcoming Events – Listed on home page for class reunions, homecoming and other alumni events.
- Message Boards – The message boards are the perfect way for every class to stay connected.
If any alumni have signed up with the old JPS alumni website, or a service like Classmates.com, they will need to go to jamestownalumni.org and create a new profile to have access to all of the content and information directly from Jamestown Public School. The new website is free for JHS alumni and registering is a simple and easy process – taking just minutes.