- Pupil Services Staff
- Parent Application for a Medical Accommodation in the School Setting
- Solicitud De Los Padres Para Acomodacion Medica En Elentorno Escolar
- Health Care Provider Documentation of Need for a Medical Accommodation in the School Setting
- How New York State's Adoption of the Common Core Learning Standards Will Affect Children Who Have Disabilities
- Direct Placement Form
- Discipline of Students with Disabilities
- Extended School Year Program
- Registering Your Child
- Home Language Questionnaire - English
- Home Language Questionnaire - Espanol
- Manifestation/Nexus Determination Flowchart
- Pocket Guide of Resources for Students with Disabilities
- Procedural Safeguards Notice for Students with Disabilities - English
- Aviso Relativo a Garantías de Procedimiento
- Suspension of a Student with Disability Flowchart
Welcome to Pupil Personnel Services/Special Education
Jamestown Public Schools is committed to providing all students with a free and appropriate public education. In order to meet the needs of a diverse population, the district provides a broad complement of supplementary aids and special education services.
Special Education consists of specifically designed instruction for students (ages 3-21) years) who are identified by either the district Committee on Preschool Special Education (CPSE) or the Committee on Special Education (CSE) as having a disability which interferes with learning. The CPSE and CSE are multidisciplinary teams of parents and professionals responsible for determining eligibility, coordinating evaluations, and recommending programs or services.
The committees, appointed by and responsible to the Board of Education, hold meetings on a regular basis to respond to initial referrals. The District is committed to identifying children with disabilities and providing necessary, appropriate services and support within the least restrictive environment. If you suspect your child has a disability, please talk to your child’s teacher or contact your building principal.
In addition, all children receiving special education services are entitled to a review at least once yearly. The purpose of this annual review is to recommend the continuation, modification, or termination of the provision of special education programs and supports. Parents are strongly encouraged to attend these annual reviews, typically held at the child’s school of attendance.
Please note: for your convenience, links to the left on this page are accessible in both English and Spanish. Please do not hesitate to call PPS with any questions.
Director of Pupil Services