JHS School Based Health Center
Welcome to The School Based Health Center (SBHC) at the Jamestown High School. We are located on the first floor around the corner from the main office.
The SBHC is like a doctor’s office in the high school. We don’t take the place of your child’s doctor, but rather we work with your child’s doctor to provide quality health care right at the school.
The staff includes a nurse practitioner, a registered nurse, a medical assistant and a medical director. The services that are available at the SBHC include:
- Physicals for sports, state mandated physicals and work permits.
- Immunizations, including flu shots.
- Prescriptions for medications.
- Assessment and treatment of chronic and acute illnesses like asthma, diabetes, sore throats and coughs.
- Oral screenings and referrals to dental services.
- Mental health screenings and referrals for counseling and other mental health services.
- Dental Clinic
There is no out of pocket expense for services provided at the SBHC for you or your family. We bill the child’s insurance. The parent is responsible for any prescriptions, lab work, xrays or any other testing or services not provided at the SBHC.
To enroll, complete this form and return to the School Based Health Center.
The SBHC is open from 8:00am-3:00pm on regular school days. We prefer appointments but walk-ins are welcome anytime.
Please call 483-4373 with any questions.