- JPS 2/2/16 Board of Education Meeting Agenda & Resolutions
- JPS Board of Education Meetings 2015-16
- JPS Board of Education Meeting Minutes 2015-16
- JPS BOE Agenda & Resolutions for 2015-16
- JPS 2016-17 Budget & School Board Elections Information
- JPS Board of Education Meeting Minutes 2014-15
- JPS BOE Agendas & Resolutions for 2014-15
- JPS BOE Agendas & Resolutions for 2013-14
- JPS 2014-19 Strategic Plan
- How to Participate in a Board of Education Meeting
- JPS Strategic Planning Process Information
Welcome to JPS from the Board of Education
The Jamestown Board of Education consists of seven school board members, each elected to serve, without compensation, for three-year terms. Elections are conducted annually in May. Following the annual election, the Board elects a president and vice-president to serve one-year terms.
Duties of the Board
Operating within the legal parameters of the state and federal constitutions, statutes, courts, and administrative agencies, the Board is charged with the responsibility of providing the finest educational program possible for the students in the district. School Board members make all final decisions regarding school district priorities, policies, personnel, textbooks, expenditures, and growth management. Members adopt a budget, which is necessary to maintain and operate the schools, levy taxes to support the budget, and submit bond issues to the citizens of the district to finance construction projects.
“I believe it is important for parents to be involved parents. Not just when you feel you have a problem, but doing the little things that can bring big benefits. Having your children get the proper amount of rest. Read to them and have them read to you. Make them understand the importance of getting an education. Be positive and help them have a positive experience, even if you did not. Make sure they start off with a good meal in the morning or make sure they get one at school. An education is a ticket to a better future and no one should waste it.” – JPS Board President, Joseph DiMaio.
Contact the Board
All JPS Board of Education members may be reached through Jamestown Public Schools District Clerk, Sue Caronia at 716-483-4420 or email BOE@jamestown.wnyric.org.
To send a message via U.S. mail, write to:
Jamestown Public Schools Board of Education
197 Martin Road
Jamestown, NY 14701
Send fax messages to the Superintendent of Schools at (716) 483-4421